Quality & Safety Manager
Our client is a venture-backed FoodTech business who markets, cooks and delivers on behalf of brands. Having grown exponentially since inception, working with over 40 brands, we have set our sights on London as our next growth market.
We’re looking for an innovative Quality & Safety Manager, who will oversee and manage all quality control activities and facilitate compliance with occupational health and safety guidelines. Expert at leveraging technology to ensure compliance and understanding. Specific tasks for the Quality & Safety Manager include:
- To carry out daily inspections on the premises to ensure all stakeholders are adhering to regulation safety standards.
- To periodically check functionality and optimisation of all appliances on the premises and troubleshoot if the need arises.
- Lead and direct sanitisation team and ensure they are following strict safety standards.
- Provide support and investigation when clients raise complaints about food quality related matters
- Lead projects involving the adoption and integration of new appliances in the premises.
- To initiate communication with service providers to ensure all operations are fully supported.
- To play a supportive role in any new initiatives or expansion plans that require implementation of kitchen appliances.
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures
- Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation
- Initiate and organise OHS training of employees and executive
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment)
- Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances etc.
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy
- Record and investigate incidents to determine causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science / Food Engineering (or equivalent degree)
- HACCP Level 4
- ISO 14001:2015 Internal Auditor
- ISO 22000: 2005 Internal Auditor
- Fantastic exposure to proven venture-backed start-up, scaling at a unique pace
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to enter share scheme.